The general responsibility of the Manager with regard to the ISM Code is to ensure the resources are in place for the smooth and safe operation of the ships.
His responsibilities are:
- Ships' compliance with applicable Flag State, Port State and international laws, MARPOL, MLC, Energy Efficiency, rules and regulations.
- On board visits.
- Supporting ships in emergency situations.
- Collection and distribution of documents and technical information appropriate for the vessel.
- Overall control of the Safety Management System documentation.
- Monitoring rules and regulations, new requirements and supplying the vessels and shore office with updated editions.
- Maintenance of close contacts with Masters, Officers and Flag Administration.
- Final selection of the seafarers (ISM).
- Ensuring good maintenance for a reasonable cost.